Download vCard: John W. O’Dorisio, Jr.vcf
Print Friendly: John W. O’Dorisio, Jr
Education: BSBA, Real Estate and Construction Management, University of Denver, Cum laude; J.D., University of Denver
John W. O’Dorisio, Jr. is a managing and founding shareholder of the Denver-based law firm Robinson Waters & O'Dorisio, P.C. and he chairs the firm’s real estate practice department. He is the firm’s most experienced attorney in corporate and real estate law.
John provides counsel in complex and significant commercial real estate transactions to developers and lending institutions. He works with commercial real estate credit facilities on workout deals, including renegotiating loan terms for commercial real estate clients, modification of loan agreements and modification of deeds in lieu of foreclosure. He also has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating commercial leases.
Recently, John led an interactive lecture on commercial office leasing with MS degree candidates at the University of Denver’s Franklin L. Burns School of Real Estate and Construction Management.
- Represented Denver Broncos in the negotiation of distribution antennae system licensing and WiFi agreements
- Represented Sangra de Cristo Arts & Conference Center (Pueblo, Colorado) in lease negotiation
- Represented borrowers in commercial mortgage backed security (CMBS) financing for commercial office building and multi-family properties with lender Barclays Bank PLC
- Represented sellers of two development parcels exceeding 1,000 acres in Weld and Douglas Counties
- Represented tenant in commercial office space transaction exceeding 80,000 square feet and landlord in build-to-suit commercial lease transaction exceeding 70,000 square feet
- Represented a major sports franchise participating in a $1.3 billion league-wide credit facility
- Represented an international manufacturer in one of the largest plant relocations and condemnation dispositions for the RTD FasTracks project
- Served as counsel to the Denver Broncos in the leasing, construction, financing and licensing of INVESCO Field at Mile High.
- Counsel to the seller of Denver Place, a 1.5 million square foot multi-use commercial development in Downtown Denver.
- Counsel to seller of REUNION, a 2,800 acre planned community in Commerce City, Colorado.
- Counsel to purchaser of the Golden Mardi Gras Casino in Black Hawk, Colorado.
John is a member of the real estate and title sections of the Colorado Bar Association.