Knowledgeable and Qualified Commercial Real Estate Attorneys Serving Denver
Protecting your investment and delivering value for legal services
The commercial real estate attorneys at Robinson Waters & O’Dorisio, P.C. are highly experienced, accomplished and reputable. We represent property owners, buyers, sellers, developers, lenders, landlords and tenants in transactions and disputes related to land development, condominium conversions, retail centers, office buildings, hotels, multi-family dwellings and industrial facilities. Since 1977, our firm has served as counsel in numerous multimillion- and billion-dollar transactions and high stakes litigation. We have the knowledge and experience to protect your investment.
High-level assistance with complex commercial real estate issues
RWO attorneys perform exhaustive due diligence on every aspect of your commercial real estate transaction to protect against foreseeable losses and secure your rights. The issues we most often address include:
- Commercial real estate closings — We represent buyers and sellers at closings to facilitate the closing process. We negotiate escrow agreements and verify compliance with the terms of the sale for the release of funds. We verify the legal authority of persons and entities involved in the transaction. We perform detailed due diligence on the property and scrutinize the deal structure. We work with the transaction title company to account for any liens, encumbrances, and easements, plus check on zoning and environmental issues and ascertain the assignment of any leases.
- Financing and mortgages — We represent buyers, developers and lenders in complex financing arrangements for the purchase of land and construction.
- Foreclosures/Workouts & Restructuring/Receiverships – RWO’s foreclosure case experience includes receiverships and bankruptcies. Our attorneys are familiar with deeds in lieu of foreclosure and other loan workout agreements, and judicial and public trustee foreclosures actions. Properties dealt with include office buildings, industrial buildings, retail centers, hotels, apartments and vacant land.
- Land use and zoning — RWO has one of the most experienced zoning and land use planning practices in the state. The practice group addresses a variety of zoning and planning issues for residential builders and developers. RWO attorneys understand the entire zoning and planning process from both the landowner’s and the government’s viewpoints.
- Sales contracts and leases — We negotiate, draft, and review purchase and sale agreements on behalf of sellers and purchasers for office, retail, industrial, hotel, apartment complexes and other commercial properties, as well as vacant land for development. We also represent commercial landlords and tenants in the preparation and negotiation of lease agreements and other related documents for office, retail, industrial and other commercial uses.
- Special districts — RWO attorneys have served as general counsel for numerous special districts in Colorado. The RWO special district practice focuses on legal issues including forming such districts, bond issues, elections, infrastructure and budgeting for special districts.
- Sports facilities and stadium management — RWO was legal counsel to the Denver Broncos Football Club in the development and operation of INVESCO Field at Mile High, now Sports Authority Field at Mile High. The firm is one of the few law firms nationwide that deal with legal matters pertaining to stadium development and operations, including public and private debt financing, leases, licenses, construction, architectural and design agreements, sponsorship agreements and service provider agreements. Our practice has assisted in the development of minor league baseball, basketball and hockey facilities in Colorado.
Given our wealth of knowledge and experience, you can trust RWO to protect and maximize your commercial real estate investment. The firm is one of the premier commercial real estate lending, leasing, acquisition and development law firms in the Rocky Mountain region. RWO’s work is unique and very high value considering the firm’s relatively small size, the concentration of high-quality real estate clients and the significance of its representative transactions, which include:
- Key lending clients include Guaranty Bank and Trust, Wells Fargo Bank, and Bank of Denver
- Representation of the land owner for land adjacent to the Denver International Airport and the subsequent development and sale of land representing over $500 million of development, including major partners such as the Denver International Business Center and Panasonic Corporation of North America.
- Development of a new office building in the Denver Tech Center having a value in excess of $127 million.
- Clients in significant real estate acquisitions such as the purchase of a hotel property for $70 million and the sale of two office towers for $286 million (which was the largest commercial real estate transaction in Denver in that year).
- The City of Glendale, Colorado with respect to a prospective $180 million mixed use entertainment and commercial development to be known as Glendale 180.
- Commercial landlords having properties in excess of 6,000,000 RSF.
- Over $500 million of residential real estate development projects for Standard Pacific of Colorado, Inc.
- Development of mixed use properties and ski-in, ski-out condominiums located in several Colorado ski resorts.
In addition to the foregoing, our Commercial Real Estate work covers the specific transactions:
- Boundary line resolution
- Broker representation
- Commercial property management
- Commercial, industrial and resort development
- Common interest communities
- Contracts for owners/architects/contractors/subcontractors
- Eminent Domain
- Leasing disputes
- Leasing/landlord and tenant representation
- Purchase and sale transactions
- Real estate commission investigations and compliance
- Tax-deferred exchanges
- Title and boundary line disputes
- Title and survey examination and resolution
RWO attorneys in this practice area include:
Contact our Denver law firm for commercial real estate representation
Robinson Waters & O’Dorisio, P.C. comprises highly accomplished real estate attorneys committed to personalized service that protects your investment and advances your goals. To schedule a consultation, call us at 303-296-2700 or contact us online. Our offices are in Denver, at 1099 18th Street in the heart of downtown and in Telluride.